Saturday, April 22, 2017

Self-Acceptance and Religion

There is no place for self-acceptance in the Christian religion

In my journey to seek energetic healing I have had the great opportunity to attend a DBT-Dialectal Behavioral Therapy group. I learned many important lessons. The first of which is radical acceptance. This means that one does not fight the way that things are, but that an individual finds a sort of zen in just allowing life to be as it is, rather than forcing, or fleeing circumstances that arrive. Accepting things as they are and measuring one's capability to respond to life in a grounded manner; to accept the world, your past, your circumstances, your choices and above all accepting one's self.

Religion teaches a message of self-abnegation; to die to ourselves and live as a deity, or prophet was written to.
The definition of self-abnegation is, "the willingness to forgo personal pleasures or undergo personal trials in the pursuit of the increased good of another."
This means a cessation in the journey of the soul that this lifetime offers. A person stops believing in themselves and their own ability to learn, grow and mature in universal understanding, and have a much narrower perspective of life through a religious lens.

Self-acceptance is the key ingredient to becoming a whole, grounded and positive being.
As someone who has felt shattered and scattered I have benefited greatly from learning to accept myself. I live in humility knowing that all people are equal in their existence, some are just damaged.

The most difficult hurdle that I have had to face is the pain inflicted upon me by my parents. I have lived with feelings of inadequacy, insecurity, and self-loathing. Why? I struggle with feeing that I have not been enough, I haven't known enough to make better choices and have an accurate perspective on interpersonal dynamics and how to foster as well as maintain healthy relationships. I just plain lacked certain heathy developmental concepts.

Self-acceptance was never imbued to me by my mother. She was the first person to give me negative and defeating feedback, and the abuse that I endured left open fissures in my heart and damaged me psychologically. I have spent years trying to "heal". I sought answers in the Christian religion and I can tell you that there are no lessons in the Bible that teach a person how to cope with trauma, how to be a complete individual after having your psyche assaulted, or how to be a strong woman with healthy boundaries after having my boundaries assaulted my whole live in different manners.

"Oh, but Amy, there are plenty of great Christian books out there that are about boundaries, the role of women, and living a peace filled life through the Holy Spirit."
Yeah, the thing is that the authors use the spiritual perspective of a broken, out of date, culturally irrelevant astro-theological literary hybrid.

The Christian Bible Is Broken



The only Biblical model that has been written, by men, is Proverbs 31. It is an impractical list of the daily accomplishments of a dutiful wife by a man.
The Christian biblical scriptures do not convey respect for women. I can say with absolute certainty that no single religious text has all of the answers for life.
There is a song by Killah Priest called Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth, it is an acronym for the B.I.B.L.E.
After much research and studying I stand in a position of understanding that has proven to me that that this is an inaccurate description of the bible.

The error with the Christian bible is that the original King James version of the new Testament was completed in 1611 by 8 members of the Church of England. The oldest manuscripts we have were written down hundreds of years after the last supposed apostle died. There are over 8,000 of these old manuscripts, with no two alike. There were(and still are) no original texts to translate.

The King James translators used none of these anyway, instead they edited previous translations to create a version that their king and Parliament would approve of.

It is outright abhorrent how fundamentalist Christians behave; homophobia, xenophobia, delusions that medicine is not necessary for mental illness, unflattering modest dressing, isolation from non-believers, excommunication and shunning, anti-scientific views, child abuse, domestic abuse, and the lack of the ability to believe in the human spirit.


So, 21st century Christians believe the "Word of God" is without error, but it is a book edited in the 17th century (that's why the terms 'king' and 'lord' in the text) from 16th century translations of contradictory copies of 4th century scrolls that claim to be copies of lost letters written in the 1st century...by men. Men who at the behest of the church left out nearly 30% of the books that were translated.

The books that were removed are 24 in total.
The First Book of Adam and Eve
The Second Book of Adam and Eve
The Psalms of Solomon
The Odes of Solomon
The Letter of Aristeas
The First Book of the Maccabees
The Second Book of the Maccabees
The Third Book of The Maccabees
The Fourth Book of The Maccabees
The Story of Ahikar
The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs
The Testament of Reuben
The Testament of Simeon
The Testament of Levi
The Testament of Judah
The Testament of Issachar
The Testament of Zebulon
The Testament of Dan
The Testament of Naphtali
The Testament of Gad
The Testament of Asher
The Testament of Joseph
The Testament of Benjamin

Looks like the strongest authority on the Christian doctrine did not heed the statement in Revelation about not adding to or taking a way from the "Holy Spirit inspired holy" books
The Catholic Church has the scrolls and books, as well as antiquities in a vault below the Vatican. 
There are rumors that the Library of Alexandria was secretly transferred to the Vatican vault as well.
Regular people are not allowed to go read the books, they are only read by those whom are in service to the church and have special clearance.

I don't get why the people of this planet are not allowed to read the Hebrew mythology or the Alexandrian books. I bet that the Jews, originating from the Hebrews and the Abrahamic lineage, are rather miffed that 24 books of their heritage are locked away from them.

Deprogramming

John 3:16 has been the bait that has hooked so many people's minds. The promise of an afterlife. This is one theme that every religion has, the hope of a good place for the soul to dwell after death; paradise or eternal punishment-nothing else. The idea of a heaven and eternal servitude to a deity does not sound like a picnic to me, it sounds like soul slavery-as if our agreement to the salvation spell binds our precious free will in life, and our souls in death  to Yahweh for eternity. That creeps me the f--- out.

The thing is that we have already solved the puzzle of what happens to the soul after the death of the body. Genuine mediums have been able to communicate with people whose consciousness is just beyond the frequency of detection for most people. People have been visited by loved one's in dreams. There is even a book called The Afterlife of Billy Fingers which describes a woman's experience of being communicated with by her brother who had passed on. It is a very interesting dialogue in which many descriptions of life after death are described. The experiences that Billy Fingers describe; many spiritual masters from all religions, the Akashic records, and other encounters that I won't spoil for you, just go to show that fearing death is unnecessary.

People like Delores Cannon have been able to open our eyes to the very real concept of reincarnation. She interviewed and hypno-regressed thousands of people who described past lifetimes.
The concept of souls recycling is nothing new, we just now have substantial testimonies of people who are able to recall their past incarnations. Other people have mentioned that after physical death of the body that they made a conscious choice, as just a light body/consciousness/soul to either travel the cosmos, or to reincarnate back on Earth.

For 24 years I ascribed to the indoctrination and conditioning of the Hebrew and Greek translated teachings. I can say that the perspective of women in the bible is not in anyway uplifting to the feminine spirit.
I am not any man's servant, I can speak my mind, I am not going to be sold to highest bidder, being married as a child is wrong, and women are not the wicked, evil, seductive temptation to men as they are portrayed. Just read Ecclesiastes. That was the final straw for me.

The belief to, "Just give it to God." has not been in any way helpful. 

Just giving over your thoughts of trouble to an ideology of a god absolves a person of the responsibility to seek out new information, to explore strange new intellectual territory, and to be open to the Universe being so much more than what 4th century writers could even understand.

The self-proclaimed deity, the great "I am" Yahweh, hasn't returned anyone's calls for over 2,500 years. "God" as described in the Christian bible is just an idea, same as the adversary "Satan".

Who is Yahweh?
Wikipedia says,Yahweh (/ˈjɑːhw/, or often /ˈjɑːw/ in English; Hebrew: יהוה‎‎) was the national god of the Iron Age kingdoms of Israel (Samaria) and Judah,[2] and the ancient historical form of the Abrahamic God. His exact origins are disputed, although they reach back to the early Iron Age and even the Late Bronze:[3] his name may have begun as an epithet of El, head of the Bronze Age Canaanite pantheon,[4] but the earliest plausible mentions are in Egyptian texts that place him among the nomads of the southern Transjordan.[5] In the oldest biblical literature he is a typical ancient Near Eastern "divine warrior" who leads the heavenly army against Israel's enemies;[6] he later became the main god of the Kingdom of Israel (Samaria) and of Judah,[7] and over time the royal court and temple promoted Yahweh as the god of the entire cosmos, possessing all the positive qualities previously attributed to the other gods and goddesses.[8][9] By the end of the Babylonian exile (6th century BCE), the very existence of foreign gods was denied, and Yahweh was proclaimed as the creator of the cosmos and the true god of all the world.[9]

Self-Healing

My journey to healing has been very educational. I have learned the concept of self-parenting.
Having taken 3 parenting classes, I understand how to parent in a non-damaging way. Do I succeed every day at this with myself? No. But I forgive myself and move on, giving myself grace in my humanity. I see myself, and others as spiritual beings having a human experience. That people are just other selves, that we are all one. We are a collective consciousness, but we are suffering from ages of indoctrination that we are nothing but demented, evil-ridden beings. We are sovereign entities.

I struggle with self-care and feeling love for myself, I always have. I can practice love towards others, kindness and compassion, because I have empathy and I respect the spirit of other human beings. I can be spiritual all on my own without any deity as a middle man.

The lie that we are taught through religion is that we have "a god shaped hole". I disagree.
While humans may have been designed to worship by entities that chose to influence our evolution, as we read in the books of the Annunaki, hear in interviews with beings that are different than ourselves, and from years of collective research into the most sacred ancient texts from ever culture on the planet, we have the capacity to evolve.

Many humans have begun to realize that there is freedom outside of indoctrination, that the religious conditioning that we have been subject to first in Sumer, then Egypt, then Rome, and then in the 17th century, is something that we can overcome.
The teachings of Buddhism are not detrimental to the personhood of humans, and I see it as a spiritually healthy taught practice, but the goal is the same, to have a better afterlife through practices based on ancient teachings and texts. I think that it should be called The Teachings of the Buddha, rather than categorized as a religion, but with atheism be classified as a religion, apparently that is what our society needs to label a specific idealogy.

The concept of zen is a great product of this ideology, and it is the least harmful practice of teachings for something that many people lack-enlightenment. There is no god in this religion, but a living out of the Dharma- cosmic law and order. Many people can benefit from the main tenants of what the Buddha shared. I personally benefit from meditation.

Secular Spiritual Self-Care

How does one even do that?!
Simple, by honoring one's self.
This requires getting to know yourself. Getting to know one's core self requires courage. There is no dishonesty allowed in looking into the deepest corners of our minds, to analyze the origins of our personal belief systems, and to not live in self-judgement, but operate in self-forgiveness.

We make the best possible choices that we can with the knowledge that we have at the time. As we grow, we learn and we make different decisions. We have the capacity to be in a constant state of growth and a journey of self-enlightenment.

I personally have had to exorcise the negative beliefs that I had about myself, and I am still doing that whenever I have a negative thought or feeling. I focus on the origin of what is bothering me and assess what I can learn from the experience.

I practice mindfulness, and I have a therapist who keeps me accountable in my behaviors, views, and practicing mindfulness. I have read The Four Agreements.

I have studied scientifically founded wellness practices that help my being. Essential oils, energy work, binaural beats & tones, stones, yoga, I practice my hobbies, meditation, hydration, and a diet that is mostly plant based. I spend time alone with myself, I write, and I walk out my thoughts.

May you find your path on your journey of self-discovery.

Namaste

Amy







No comments:

Post a Comment